Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I Come to the Garden Alone

I don't know what it is, except that it's the prompting of the Holy Spirit, that anytime I work in the garden, my thoughts turn to the beauty of the Creator and His creation. When I was younger I used to hate working in the garden. But I also hated God. Now, as I grow older, and hopefully wiser, the Lord gives me joy in gardening. The weeds don't bother me as much as they used to, and the heat beating down on me makes me look forward to the next breeze he will blow on me. Through the Garden, its growth, and its death, He teaches me about life. How it starts, how it grows, and most of all... how it blooms! This is what I have been doing. This is what He has been teaching me. His Glory. It shows even in the tiniest bloom of a Zinnia.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so happy to show you this! My Zinnias are blooming and I can't tell you how happy I am I didn't kill them!

Zinnias and Coxcomb

Our Garden is in need of much weeding.

Our squash has lots of blooms!



As I looked around the Garden I noticed these beautiful flowers! I asked Mom what they were later and they are the flowers of Radishes when they have bolted! They are soo pretty!

My Coxcomb is beginning to bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!
Petra