Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Spiced Pumpkin Pudding Dessert Recipe

Last night, before Dad got home, I played around on Pinterest. Coffee Cake recipes were the pins that showed up in my feed. Mm..yum... My mouth drooled. Then I saw one: Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake. Oh! Did that sound delish! I searched for a recipe containing the ingredients I had on hand... While all the recipes  looked good -by the picture- I couldn't find one that I had the ingredients for, or one that sounded good. So, finally, I thought, why not make my own recipe... So that's what I did... I made and twisted my recipe into perfection. :D The reason, I say that, is because, my Dad ate THREE large pieces snd all my family raved about it! I was so pleased it had turned out and pleased my own dear family. ;)


Baked with a Crumb Topping and Topped with Walnuts. 


The Recipe: Spiced Pumpkin Pudding Dessert

Cake

  • 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 1/ 4 cups packed brown sugar
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
  • 2/3 cup softened butter
  • 1 1/3 cups milk
  • 1 tsp. real vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1, 15oz can of  pumpkin
  • 1/4 cup Chopped walnuts or pecans. (Optional)



Topping 

  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 5 tbsp. butter, softened
Directions

Cake: Preheat oven to 350*F. Mix together dry ingredients. Cut in butter, until it resembles course meal. In a separate bowl combine milk, pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla. Add liquid mixture to dry mixture. Mix until dry ingredients are wet.  Spread in greased 9x13 pan.

Topping:  Mix Dry ingredients. Cut in softened butter. Should be crumbly. If needed you can adjust the amounts of butter and flour sugar mixture to make it desired crumblyness. :P  Sprinkle Crumb Topping on the cake. Sprinkle chopped walnuts. Bake for 40 minutes. Serve Warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Enjoy it with a nice hot cup of coffee! 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks for reading. :)
Love, Petra


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!
Petra