Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sew Emma!

A few weeks ago, probably a month ago... I started teaching Emma how to sew a button. I had this idea to use a embroidery hoop, some scrap material, and a button for the lesson. I showed her how to tie the knot, and keeping it tied I let her take the needle through the material. I don't expect her to be able to tie the knot yet, but showing her first and teaching her little by little will be helpful, and not exasperating  to her. After, she had her needle through the material, I began to show her how it is done. She began:


She did very well and I was surprised that I did not have to hold her hand the whole way. (As I had  expected.) I did hold her hand when tying the knot off though. ;) Here is her finished work:
When we are done with these button lessons, we are going to frame them. She did such a wonderful job!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!
Petra