Wednesday, October 16, 2013

All My Life I've Been Loved

When I was younger, there were a lot of things in my home that I resented and hated. Ungrateful, discontent, wanting to be in "such in so's" family because their life was so much better than ours. My Parents didn't let me do a lot of things growing up. They wouldn't let me be a cheer leader, actress, or ballerina.. All my friends were. Why couldn't I be? I am now about 9 years older then when I had had these thought - I see what kind of  people come out of those places. They have lots of problems. Spiritually and physically. My Parents were wise. They knew, that by doing those things, I would lose sight of the gospel and the ultimate sacrifice of Christ. I look back now, wiser than I was. Christ has shown me the terrible things that I had thought and how wrong I was. He made me realize how blessed and protected I was. I learned more and more about how evil the world was. I was protected. But most of all, I was loved. Everything my parents protected me from and corrected me on, was out of love. They wanted me to be a Christ follower and family lover. Not a self absorbed ballerina, cheerleader, or actress. By God's grace, I was taken out of that bitterness, I have learned, and I am still learning that this IS where God has placed me. I don't see the big picture. I don't know what today will bring, but I do know that I am in a family that loves me, protects me, and cares about my well being.
Read About Davion Here 
This morning, He is still teaching me. I read about an Orphan. His name is Davion. He never knew his mother. He grew up in foster homes his whole life. He wants a family and love before the orphanage throws him out, because he is old enough to take care of himself. I can't imagine his life. I can't imagine living without family love. Thanks be to Christ, he is a believer. He has Christs love, yet he still needs a family. A family that will help him grow in Christ. My heart goes out to Davion. I don't have a clue about what it's like to live in Foster care. But I do know that the Lord has made me even more grateful for my family. And I know, that Davion will be in my prayers. I ask that you too, would  pray for him. That God would give him Courage, Hope, and strength. But mostly, that he would be loved by a family, as he is by the Almighty God. May God teach us all to love and be grateful. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!
Petra